|Score(As of november 13):||4.23/5.00|
|Awards:||Daily 2nd Place|
|Goth kids have shot up your school, and it's up to Pico to save the day! Originally featured on Newgrounds in 1999, I finally refactored the .FLA to accommodate faster computers. The problem with this game was that it was meant to run at 24fps, but boss battles slowed down and made things easier. As computers got faster, so did the boss battles.
Pico was made in Flash 3, before the availability of variables (or just about any code, for that matter). To simulate stored data, I weaved a complex web of movie clips that gave orders to the main game. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of frame labels, so all the commands referred to frame numbers. This meant making changes to the flow of a boss battle (ie inserting frames to slow down movement) caused MASSIVE problems to arise. I finally muscled through it, so now you can beat the bosses on a fast computer!
|Note||This information only refers to the official release on the Flash Portal.|
Pico's School is a point and click game created by Tom Fulp in 1999. Made in Flash, it was also the first game to feature Pico, who has since become one of Newgrounds's mascots. It was inspired by school shootings such as Columbine, and was also made a few weeks/days after Columbine.
- Death animation Click on the red locker that has a little yellow on it. There will be a Medicinal Herb (a.k.a. a weed pack) inside. Use it when you have taken damage, as it completely restores your health
- Go to the boy's bathroom. Click the bottom toilet stall and a guy will ask if you can close it. If you do not, he will throw a lot of crap at you. You are able to kill him.
- Click on the handle of a urinal to flush. Doing this repeatedly will get you the Marc Summers achievement.
- Click on the sink handle to overflow the sink and get the Tap That achievement. The same thing can be done in the girl's bathroom, but not the urinal flushing.
- After you kill Cyclops, you can overkill him. The text BRUTAL! will also appear over him, and you will get the Brutal achievement.
- When Alucard is defeated and pulls all the furniture in the room toward him, you can blast away the furniture and finish him off. This nets you the Overkill achievement.
- At the part where you see Nene praying to end her life, you will be able to kill her. The first time you shoot at her, her face will be gone. The second time you shoot her, she will become flat.
- During the final battle, blast the tank to the upper right that says Flammable until it explodes. This will blow open the wall behind Cassandra to the outside, where the police have gathered in their squad cars and will join the fight. This gets you the Bruckheimer achievement. Letting the cops be will make the final battle a bit easier due to their gunfire whittling away at Cassandra's health along with your own efforts, although you can kill them and blow up the police cars if you wish.
- Brutal: Continue blasting Cyclops after you kill him.
- Marc Summers: Flush a urinal at least three times.
- Overkill: Kill Alucard after defeating him.
- Scat Man: Continue talking to the kid on the toilet until it says "YOU SURE LIKE SHIT!"
- Tap That: Turn on the sink in either bathroom and cause it to overflow.
- Bruckheimer: Blow up the tank behind Cassandra.
It is difficult to determine the popularity of the original Pico's School, due to the fact that it was released before the modern Flash Portal was created. The April 2006 rerelease alone has over 6 million views as of December 2011, as well as an average review of 9.3/10. Although it only won the Daily Second Place award, it is important to note that it was submitted on the first Pico Day, and only lost to Luis's famous movie Pico vs. Convict. FGN called the game a "Flash classic," and gave the game an impressive score of 8.6/10.  Additionally, Pico's School is featured in the Pico and Adventure Games collections. Pico is also seen in the game "Friday Night Funkin", a rhythm game that was also created on Newgrounds which is because of the game being a semi-tribute to Newgrounds. An April Fools version of it called Pico's School: Love Conquers All was created on April 1st by the same author, Tom Fulp, which features an appearance of Boyfriend at the end of the game.
Play Pico's School
Play the original release of Pico's School