Please use this page to discuss pages that have been labeled for deletion.
Generally, we try to have at least one of the following for a page:
- Half a million views
- A Weekly Users' Choice Award or higher
- A place in the Flash Portal History Collection
- Notability outside the Newgrounds community
- A considerable argument for its validity
- 1 Clock Crew
- 2 Evan 210?
- 3 A reason to let it stay
- 4 Slayers anti KK
- 5 Letiger
- 6 Duairt Eittle
- 7 Omega
- 8 100 Things
- 9 Jercupac
- 10 titch007
- 11 Christmas special
- 12 ramagi
- 13 DD Hack 09
- 14 Wadelina/Leslie Fulp
- 15 Rummy0
- 16 Zombie
- 17 J-Rex
- 18 Aksumka
- 19 Decky
- 20 EVolution
- 21 Moderator Lists Update
- 22 Couch Guy Notability
- 23 Narcissy
- 24 Pride
- 25 Decibel
Clock Crew[edit source]
Retained. It seems obvious to me that any crew that has been recognised by Newgrounds by a Day in its honour and has its site sponsored by NG deserves a page. It is true that this page is limited and has no references, but since this is a young and small wiki, we will have to go with what we have and build on it. If that means accepting a rather wikidragon approach until we get some volume and quantity of articles, then so be it, though the sooner we make things look good, the more respect the Wiki will get.
If people come to NG, see that the CC have a day in which hundreds of people submit things, competitions are held, awards are dished out to top CC submission, there is a site sponsored by NG, but we have nothing to say about CC, what will they think? I am the leader of a (tiny) crew myself and I have no doubt that all crews should back CC as the one which helped make all of us something on NG.
Icedragon64 20:02, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
Evan 210?[edit source]
I am inclined to think this is NOT noteworthy enough:
- I can't picture that most people would think being banned a lot is a good reason to create a page, indeed as people who stuggle against trolls here, it is a reason for NOT allowing a page.
- There are 2000 awards a year on NG, so tagging along in collabs on a couple of small ones is not notable.
- There are an awful lot of little BBS fads out there. I really feel it doesn't ammount to much.
I do respect that he is of SOME note, but frankly I don't think he is of more note than me and I don't warrant a page. Are my views those of other Users here? Would most site visitors expect to see a page about this person, or would we have every Tom, Dick and Harry with a little bit of Note use this as a reason to create their page?
Icedragon64 01:53, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
- BBS is only a small fraction of NG; only the most notable parts of it are pageworthy. thousands of people post there; hundreds and hundreds of people have stats like his; the kind of things in this article are seen mostly by the tiny fraction of NG's visitors that are BBS regulars.
- I don't wish to be rude, but even his claimed contemplation of suicide is not that unusual. I sincerely hope he is not serious.
Icedragon64 16:54, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Those things alone wouldn't warrant a page normally, but combined they are pretty notable.
And you're not really comparable to him. If you ask people on the BBS about him, most of them will have something to say but you aren't very well-known at all and haven't impacted the site much.
- If it were not for the combination, I would have deleted it already- I do agree that one could have a page for combined notability. I agree that the comparison is not easy. People come to NG for different things- I am better known amongst authors- where my 1.2 K reviews have an impact, but unknown/forgotten on the BBS.
Please sign yourself. Icedragon64 18:05, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
A reason to let it stay[edit source]
I think Evan210's page should stay on one condition: we create a BBS Fads page.
Otherwise, I guess it can go.
- If all that we were interested in was the fad itself, we could make a BBS Fad page and list it, with his name and delete the page. That's a bit like saying that some movies deserve a listing and description, but their authors don't- maybe it is so. Certainly there are crews who deserve a listing or even a page, but maybe none of the authors do- like ours (the D&S)
Icedragon64 01:21, January 26, 2010 (UTC)
== Sumidiotdude == Deleted by author request
I think this person is not Notable enough for a page of his own. There must be thousands of people with the same level of notability. I would only consider maybe the top 5 reviewers as possibly page-worthy on that account and I am a 1K+ reviewer myself. His movie Greek B is high scoring, but not Notable, its just a Clock Day quickie joke. Icedragon64 23:36, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
just a personal opinion, people shouldnt need articles about themselves, except for moderators and admins. should some of them allow it or not.(not counting the articles already made on mods)
if anyone wants to write something, they can do it in there userpage.
however sumidoitdude can copy all the text to his userpage if he wants. again there is no need for creating articles when theres already a userpage. even if there isnt a userpage, Some people shouldnt write angry notes or something in a vulger sense.
Articles for ex: "THIS IS CHUCK, I HATE HIM BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID" and so on.....
I recommend user related articles be deleted. along with this one. (unless the original person and the admin allow it somehow.)Davidzx 23:39, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Whilst it is true that people write pages about themselves out of vanity and self-publicity, and it can be a nuisance if they are obviously not wanted here. However,I think you are missing a point, Davidzx. We WANT pages on certain users- we WANT people to be able to read articles about Notable people on Newgrounds. Regardless of who writes those articles we ASK for those pages to be written. We, the admin, are on the lookout for bitchiness, I assure you, and we will deal with it if neccesary. If you explore the history of Wade Fulp's page, you will clearly see this. Laying asside the question of who writes the page- what sort of people should have a page here? I, in fact, question the idea that all mods should have pages here. If the page says nothing but what is on their Userpage on NG, then what good is it? Are people really that interested in mods? If I was a mod all of a sudden, would that make me interesting? Adam Phillips deserves a place, Tom Fulp deserves a place...Who else?
Icedragon64 00:45, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
- sumidiotdude politely agreed with me in a PM on NG that he is not (yet!) Notable enough for a page. Indeed he is coming on board to help us, which proves the value of being patient and polite:) I have therefore deleted his page for now- lets hope as a friendly soul he finds his place in the sun here!
Icedragon64 00:55, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
Slayers anti KK[edit source]
I am inclined to delete this. It doesn't look very Notable to me. However, I confess that I never thought about Crews who were not Flash Submission based and I certainly don't claim to be up on the BBS scene. I have now put it up for deletion becaise Salnax put it in the delete cat. If it is to live, it would certainly have a new title and a different format, but I won't bother with that until we have some consensus on BBS and non-submission-based crews. Myself I would be inclined to want to see a page with a number of crews of this type on it, where this crew would at most, get a paragraph.
No notability. 4k posts is NOT notable- many people have over 10k posts. Icedragon64 10:14, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
I concur. Not enough posts, no flash, no music, unscouted art, not a mod or staff member... this article has to go.--Salnax 21:49, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
Duairt Eittle[edit source]
Reasons for deletion have been posted on the Talk Page and I have written a detailed post on the Talk page of the Page creator. Please DO NOT remove the Delete without explaining your actions and discussing to reach a consensus. TWO admins are proposing deletion of this article.
Icedragon64 11:40, March 1, 2010 (UTC) and Salnax
The Page for the character got deleted and the author of the series has now written a page about the series- with the same title. Although this is a little more realistic, and I am aware that a Duairt Eittle one year Quiz has just gone through judgment, it is all still WAY below the radar of Notability. Anyone?
Icedragon64 01:17, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
None of them have reached 1,500 views, a score of 3/5, or any awards. Since we generally try to keep our articles on submissions with at least 0.25 or 0.5 million views and the complete lack of recognition this series has received, I seriously doubt it requires a page. Mikeys seems to be annoyed that he's been on Newgrounds for years but hasn't gotten any awards or recognition. Maybe he views Wikigrounds as way to get his work some attention?--Salnax 01:52, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Not notable. One moderate score, few views, no awards, nothing of note.
Icedragon64 10:58, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
Aw maybe if my series gets more popular I can sustain a page :/ Jtmovie
100 Things[edit source]
This page has been proposed for deletion by three Admin as Not Notable enough. It will be deleted very soon unless very clear and convincing evidence, with links to refs, is placed here of its notability. Improving the page or removing the delete tag will not help. Otherwise this page will be deleted within days.
--Icedragon64 15:32, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
I think it's not notable enough, there are just 3 videos and only 1 won an award, being Daily 2nd.
Spaintendo 16:41, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
Bin it. I say we condense this into the former crew page. Icedragon64 15:54, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
Although Level Up is notable, this is not enough to make the author t007 that Notable.
Icedragon64 21:57, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Deleted. Was all just placeholder text anyway--Fire 03:35, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
Christmas special[edit source]
Its quite a good film, from a good author, but no, it doesn't qualify for our notability. half a million views or Weekly awards etc. Not much of a page anyway.
Icedragon64 23:17, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
Surely ramagi must have done some interesting things on NG. She almost qualifies as Notable enough for her statistics alone- 9th ex Points 12th; lorry loads of posts etc etc? However, if we don't find some stuff to give her a page worth reading, its just a copied user page and she goes in the ex-mods bin.
Icedragon64 23:26, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
DD Hack 09[edit source]
I shall delete the Page as nobody defended it, even when I drew attention to it on our Thread.
Icedragon64 23:33, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
Wadelina/Leslie Fulp[edit source]
There isn't much to say on this page, I doubt there ever will be and what there is doesn't ammount to much. Its all on Wade's page anyway.
Icedragon64 19:55, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
We do not want pages that are just about notorious spammers. The rules for user notability are quite clear here- they involve such things as High ranking submissions, admin status etc. not "Been banned a lot" etc. Removing admin edits as "Faggotry" didn't help either.
I am neutral on deleting this page. I can vaguley see how people might come to wikiG and just type in zombie, then be pleased to find this. However, if we are to keep it, it needs expansion.
Icedragon64 13:32, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
I made a page about mself with fake info but then real. but TurkeyOnAStick keeps posting Spam so please delete it.
I will delete this Page soon if nobdoy defends it. The fact that it is poorly written and contaiins little information doesn't help it.
Icedragon64 00:00, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
I cleaned up his page, do you want this article removed from Candidates for deletion?
It's not an extremely popular series, but it has been front-paged before, and is only a fledgling series so is still a bit obscure. It harbors great potention, though. It also has very loyal followers and memorable characters. I made the page for those reasons.
The page is also pretty fleshed out.
Gracie Shields 21:46, February 15, 2012 (UTC)Gracie Shields
Now that I see the pilot has a Yearly Review Crew Pick Award though, I'll admit that it has sufficient notability.--Salnax 03:09, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
Moderator Lists Update[edit source]
I have re-made the page for Dry-Ice (since he is active again) and new ones for moderators who don't have their own page yet.
I see that the Couch Guy page is a candidate for deletion. What's the problem? The way I see it, it's just another funny scenario with an NG user like other ones that have gained notoriety, except this one isn't negative in any way. I do try to keep the page respectful and not slanderous.
Couch Guy Notability[edit source]
The guy has no notability. Does he have milions of views? Has he made anything of prominence on Newgrounds besides appear on camera by accident?
This chap is semi-notable and I would like someone to review him completely before binning. He is/was the main organiser for the Soup Squad and has been interviewed. As he is a friend of mine, I will not get involved further and will accept the judgement of Tyler or any admin.
If Pride is no longer a Mod and not worthy of their own page for any other reason, you have the option of putting it on the Ex-Mod list, with the briefest summary- it was made for that purpose. Icedragon64 (talk) 22:04, December 26, 2018 (UTC)