I dropped back in to NG last week and made a few Posts on our BBS thread. This and a few other bits of work got some people talking.
Here is a list of things that might be done to AWAKEN the wiki editors as a TEAM, like it was in 2010:
- Go through the Articles without Category list, which should have some crap to remove. Just put the Cat Articles for Deletion on them for now, or, if you are NOT proposing to delete them and they DON'T need massive work to be tolerable, just put them in a Category. This might create a reaction from some Page creators who are watching their Page.
- Start a new Survey on the Front Page
- work on a Page until it is a GOOD, UP-TO-DATE example of a page with interesting information on it, then FEATURE IT on ou…
One day, Tyler King didn't maked the third installment of Super Drunk Mario Bros which was not in works Did he announced that project? because Tyler King's animation stuff seems to help it and then Tyler King only did the second installment of Super Drunk Mario Bros which is a throwback to the days as I know because Tyler King had done only two installments The third installment will maybe uploaded in December 8, 2015 but I think it would be uploaded in June 6, 2015.
Well I have to say I'm a fan of this wikia. Although it is nonsense, it provides a solid place to troll, or add meaningful content.
I am Joscha.
I want to wish u a merry Twistmas and happy holidays!
Only 1d until Twistmas!
Well it's been several days since I started updating things around here. So far the things that I'm most proud of are finally correcting that ageing Moderators pages. AFAIK all the ex-mods have been removed and the list of mods are current and active.
I've also aligned the text and graphics on the Blam & Protect Rank page. I hope you like :3
I'm currently working on the pages that are still using the old profile template and updating them with the new "profile2" templates.
After that I'm aiming on updating the Experience Level level page with 2012 redesign pages.
That's about it for now...
JaxxDS (talk) 05:27, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
You may have noticed me lurking around again, but have not noticed what I'm doing. The answer: I'm putting a bunch of images into appropriate categories. I'm not really inspired to make new pages at the moment, but I figure this will make it easier to find appropriate images when we need them. If anybody has any requests, I'll also see what I can do.
Fear not, I'm not becoming a stat whore, like that time back in mid-2010 I raced to 2,000 edits. I just noticed that some pages are a bit out of date, can use a few links, or have spelling errors.
I'm typing this as much as a reminder to myself as anything else.
I've made a few big updates to the 'Flash' template (the thing on the right of flash pages with their information) that you show know about when editing. First, I made the 'Genre' parameter link to the section of the List of Flash Game Genres that it corresponds to. For instance, if the game is Action - Shooter, then put 'Shooter' (be sure to capitalize) and it will come out as this: Shooter. If its a movie, of course, it won't have a genre.
- Sounds good
Icedragon64 00:14, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
Any other things I should change while I'm REALLY bored? Another idea I was considering was to make the image of an award show up next to it (e.g. if you put in Daily Feature then this would show up to it's left:). Not only would it take a while, though…
Generally, we limit the number of Characters Pages in Wikigrounds. We are really only interested in characters having Pages if they have Notability beyond their own series as, in the grand scheme of Newgrounds, most characters are not that Notable. Bitey, for example is one of the Gang in the pic on the Flash Portal Page, he appears in parodies etc quite often. There are, however dozens of top series with major characters who nobody outside the series would know the name of.
If someone really wants to create Pages for individual characters, they had best create a Wiki for the series, as has been done for Madness Combat etc. then Notability is relative to the Specialist Subject rather than considering how notable the individual chartacter o…
While trying to get the Kill Kar II page up to a better quality, I ran into a problem. Everytime I would sit there and fix the first few words in bold, they would glitch over to italics or something similar. I eventually checked the Source mode and found a ton of unclosed bold/italic tags that I couldn't have found otherwise.
My point was, once you figure out the meanings of everything in the Source mode, it is much easier to operate for those who have had problems lately.
Of course, if you already use Source mode, ignore this.
I am a new user here. I am also on Newgrounds.com.
You can join NG for free. Come by to say hi when you sign up!
Is it just me? Wikigrounds is not working properly for me:
1. When I enter the name of a Page in the box, suggestions are not appearing underneath as I write
2. The Delete option is not appearing for me on the Edit box, so I cannot delete pages, as I want to before 500.
3. When I click the Categories box at the bottom of the Page, the screen just jumps to the top of the page, instead of allowing me to enter categories.
All of this means I cannot do my job properly :(
Icedragon64 00:28, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
OK, having taken us further from the target with my pogrom of Pages, I will now help make new ones. I don't have time for very major Pages, but I will try to make them at least a few lines long. The target is still achievable in May if we GO FOR IT! I suggest we do a couple more of the subs in the Top 20 All time, as they are obviously likely to be very Notable. I would prefer us generally to focus on creating Pages that we actually have something special to say about, rather than creating Pages with onbly obviosu info, just because they are classed as Notable.
I am ready to submit my animation as soon as we hit 500-
Salnax, will you please contact Wikia about their Spotlight Promotion?
Tyler- could you please try PMing or Talk Paging a f…
The badges have never been of great interest to me, but I do still kinda like having them and I tend to speed up on a particular badge when I am near to achieving it!
I have wondered why some people seem to get more badges than others who seem to put in as much work and it came to me today!
If you focus on just writing stuff and editing stuff, then you will get edits towards an edit badge, but if you do other things, such as add pix, they also count as an edit! Da!
For anyone sad enough to care, I reckon a precious random 1000th Edit Badge is due soon!
Icedragon64 18:26, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
After only a day I've concluded that I must be the King of Minor Edits.
- All of my edits involve either a change in grammer, an update to a user's level or a fix in grammar/spelling.
- I recently caught myself fixing Flash Portal Awards, with the huge improvement of fixing the sentence 'Underdong of the Month'
Feel free to try and debate this, but I doubt anyone else can make such consistantly miniscule changes. lol
Let me spell out the full list of Monthly Changes/promotions so y'all can get together and do one properly.
1. During the PRESENT month you put some suggestions together of what you want the next Featured Article to be, then the Admin should pick one IN ADVANCE.
2. During the same PRESENT month the winner of the last Monthly gets to decide what the next Monthly Theme should be.
3. Also, we can ask one question in the WI/HT thread, which gains a little promotion and some useful info for the wiki. I aim to do this mid-month, away from the promotion we get at the change of month.
4. As the month draws to a close, some admin, or failing that, anyone, needs to decide who has won the present month- whoever has done the most work on the present…
Typical Flash Game Pages have several sections, a box of basic info on the right, and an image or two. Although some pages will require sections to be added or omitted, the basic format is as follows:
Opening section. As one writes the different sections below it is easy to forget to write a decent opening section, which should have a few lines summing up the key points which will be in the article below, tell us anything very significant about the author, such as what they are most famous for if it isn't this game, and any major points not covered in the paragraphs to follow. Ideally, as with all pages, the opening para should be built up as the page is, so a bigger page contains a larger opening section, occasionally in more than one par…
Does it look good, yes or no?
I'm on night shift for a few days, so I will not be here at all until at least Saturday. I am very pleased to see Salnax back, along with Tyler being constructive and supportive, so I dissappear feeling that I leave the Wiki in better hands than it has been for a while. When I return, we must start seriously planning for our 500 Page celebration. I am serious about what I said, though- I'm not coming back in a big way until someone else does the Monthly Changes. Its not really that difficult.
Icedragon64 13:56, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
I've been off the wiki site for awhile but I'm planning on coming back to it now that I have a significantly larger amount of free time (I hope) and a lot fresher mind. Well, I generally don't like sharing personal information with others, but I feel I owe it to this site to explain where I've been and would appreciate if the information I state stays within the blog post.
I've had enough time to use the internet, going on Newgrounds and playing a few games, but when I was on the internet I never really wanted to "use my mind" or care about anything. Naturally I didn't feel like coming here because I generally feel responsible for the articles and the information I put up, even if it does change I would rather my information be 100% accurat…
I guess I could make pages for all of the games with medals. That would probably be good.
Hello everyone, and welcome to Otisman's Anti-Consumerism blog. Wikigrounds may not be the best place to post this if I want it to make a difference, so I'm using it as a practice of sorts for when I have my own website to rant on.
Anyhoo, let's get started:
What is Consumerism? Well, the phrase began as a way to describe the system of trading, bartering, and buying things.
However, in modern times, the word has been used to instead describe how EVERYTHING in our modern lives, especially in rich countries like the good old US of A, is turned into a product. Look around. Even on the internet, popular memes such as "OVER 9000!" and "O RLY?" have been turned into T-shirts and other products to turn a profit. Nothing gets my blood boiling like se…
I want to contribute to this wiki's continued growth, I personally wish to see it reach five-hundred pages by the end of the year. Fingers-crossed.
First I suffer from a bad case of depression, and now my internet doesn't work. I swear I'll be back ASAP.
I will be away for all of February. I will NOT be able to make the Monthly Changes at the beginning of the month, I will NOT be involved in making those decisions. I will NOT be checking Recent Changes for the whole month.
I will be attending to my lovely girlfriend in far-flung Cornwall, then on my return I will be focussing on my writing.
I am only going to check Recent Changes from here to the end of this month as well, having done 13 Pages of 2nd Pic and earned the first major badge for anyone in weeks. I have 2nd Pixed almost all of Culture.
Please impress me with your communication skills- contact each other, take the initiative- agree, plan, promote, Pix, Post on the Thread, PM people and generally act is if y'all were NOT totally de…
Essentially, I work to create media on the site. I'm also on Newgrounds, under the name of Athos.
How shall we celebrate hitting 500 Pages? give me some suggestions...
- Create a Movie
- Create a quiz game
- Say in the thread
- Contact Tom and ask for a shout out
The reason I am trying to step back from the wiki is not that I am bored or lazy or even that I don't have ideas. It is simply that I am supposed to be writing my book. I am a writer with a small portfolio of published short stories and mcirofiction to my name, but this past year I have gone back to writing my book- The Riven Oak. I got caught up in the idea that if we just worked and worked on the wiki it would reach a point where there would be a big enough community to make it keep going. Incdis warned me that it success was only temporary and people would disappear again. He may be right, or maybe not, but either way I must go back to the book.
In the last week I have probably added another thousand words- better descriptions, more…
We are into December and due to the absence of other admin on the site at the moment, we haven't changed anything. I have decided to give the very active Tyler a role here:
Tyler- you can choose this month's Theme from one of these three posibilities- chosen for their relative simplicity and their potential to improve the wiki for Wikia Promotion.
1. Pictures on Pages II This would up our pictures to 2 per page. We would be looking for LOGICAL and APPROPRIATE additional pix for our pages, not just the first thing that hasty statwhores can find! For example if a game has one icon picture, then an apt screenshot would be logical; if a User has one cartoony pic, then a complimentary photo would be apt. Screenshots are easy- ask if you don't…
1. Gotta laugh. I stacked up nearly 40 days towards the 60 days required for the next badge, then spent the day with my lovely Lisa and blew the lot when it reset to zero! Although I am kinda proud of doing a lot for the wiki and of everything we have achieved, I don't really do it for the sad-points. If it encourages people to work on our wiki, then fine, badges badges all the way, but being with my babe- priceless :)
2. I finally got round to uploading a pic of the spaces that appear on my pages. This screen shot is my view of the NegativeONE page: . Is that not how you guys see it? If not, why not?
3. Where ARE you all on the Destub theme? Salnax has put in quite a bit of info and a few others have put in some bits here and the…
Sorry about my limited contributions over the past couple of weeks. I've been feeling kind of down again. Nothing bad. Just happens this time every year. I'm not a late Fall/early winter person.
So I was lying in bed tonight, watching the clock strike 4 in the morning, when I realized that I wasn't going to get any sleep. I go onto Wikigrounds, stumble upon the Gang article, and thought "Hey, maybe I could learn more about this Xombie guy by watching his stuff." So I go to the Series page and click on the first movie.
"XOMBIE is coming to DVD and this episodes is currently not available on-line!"
It says that for every episode. The only links that work are the suggestions, the creator's website, an interview, and the main Zombies collection.
So, in short, one of the premier series on Newgrounds, which has won 26 awards, including eight Weekly Features and six Review Crew Picks, and is featured on the Flash Portal page, is not actuall…
Fans spend 58 years updating the Fallout New Vegas wiki
So that's how you get people to work on your wiki. You launch a AAA console game that's buggier than Virginia in the summer!
I have created a promotional submission which got through Judgment yesterday at around 2.5. This means we have done most of the promotional initiatives we have planned so far. We want more!
1. Can someone get a Fan-Site Link to/from Newgrounds- we should be able to climb the rankings if we put it on a good place.
2. I would like to see someone else beat me and get a more succesful Submission through NG.
3. We should do more to connect with the other Wikia wikis
4. Write something on the Thread now and again. I don't want to see my dragon on every other post.
5. Use your Secret if you have unlocked it.
6. Post us in your sigs
7. Post News about us- news posts go onto the Front Page.
8. Find appropriate Threads to mention us in now and th…
1. I have made a start- I am focussing on the non-Users stubs and I expect, using a variety of techniques, to destub all non-user stubs in the next month. I have Moved a page to a better title- the first time I have done that. Collections and Series don't need seperate Pages, but by making one page for both and seperating the info already on the Page, it is now 3 sections and Destubbed! I merged 2 pages, getting rid of a stub that will never be worth a full Page.
2. I have added a Pic to all remaining Pages Without Pix, so for the present there are NO PAGES IN THIS CATEGORY !!!! Thus completing the project that was lead, in terms of numbers, by Spaintendo. Thanks go also to the likes of Salnax, and Hibiscus, who create so many Pa…
Main buttons have been added to the main page. I'm not completely satisfied with the images, specially the Art & Audio one, as the only I-bot image that I could fit was the one by MC, so if you guys got any other images, add it without hesitation.
This doesn't mean the recategorization is over, it's still lacking a few things, but this is enough to get it working, thank you guys for your work :D
Anyways, I'm going to spend a few more days recategorizing while you decide what's the next monthly theme going to be.
1. My lovely girlfriend Lisa got some major medals for me by ROCKING SERIOUSLY on Road of the DEAD. She got on to the daily leader board of Road to Hell on her second attempt- about 12km. Basically, she can do handbreak turns and I can't and she is just WAY better at computer games than me.
2. I see I got the Lucky Edit badge for the 3rd time. I should just point out for anyone who cares, Salnax is actually ahead of me in real badge points- I have 300 points in Lucky's and Spaintendo fluked a badge twice by computer bug so Sal is actually well out in front.
Maybe I was late to notice, but it seems that NEVR lost his moderatorship. But why?
The following blog is a dumping ground for stupid ideas that have little or nothing to do with Wikigrounds. Feel free to ignore them.
- An RPG where the PC goes from level 99 to 1, facing similar opponents the entire way. A fun little reconstruction of the genre that forces the player to utilize increasingly scarce resources.
- A game that attempts to be true art by allowing the player to poop on various national flags. This would win an Underdog of the Week because of those Games as Art people. And I'd laugh and laugh. Bonus points if I kill a dog, pretend to not speak English, and the main character dies in the end.
- A platforming game without a jump button. Perhaps an RPG system where the player controls geography?